Pen is mightier than the sword

Pen is mightier than the sword
Writing what I think, before I say it!

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Unconditional..................

I remember a woman telling me
that a kiss can sooth her soul
but when she kissed me,
it turned her spirit into gold
She proclaimed me as a long un-answered prayer
that was always standing there,
providing truth through lie detectors
when no one else dared
when no one else cared

I can remember our first meeting, like sunshine during a eclispe
when saying good bye took more than a few minutes
our first date was 11 oclock service
we were both nervous
cause it was at her church

our second date was about to end at 4:37 pm
til we kissed during the sunset
and released when the light of the moon
hit our skins

our second month together was celebrated at the Labcorp
taking a test we wanting to past
cause our flesh wanted so much more

6 months into our courtship
we are delegating dating as a relationship
thats a downgrade from marriage in long term practices
to see if we were truly the prayed for matches

than New Years came
20 seconds to count down
on my feet with a poem titled OUR NAMES
16 minutes already into 8 verses
wrote the piece that day so it was'nt rehearsed
8 seconds the count down said on TV
while I reached out my heart to her, through my poetry
5 I fell to my knees
4 asked you to marry me
3 a tear fail from both our eyes
2 you mumbled yes in teary cries
1 we kissed til the next year fell on we

a moment in time I will not forget
each moment
each obstacle
hard work, blood and sweat


If I could only have that daaaaay back!

Just a second chance on that first chance
a second dance like the first dance
wondering hands becoming one hand
a kiss
just a kiss
that begin all this
and the same kiss that would be our end!
 
 
By LeRoy Goetzendanner

4 comments:

  1. This is breathtaking...I so feel the feelings being felt at this time...Isnt it the greatest in the world. I love when a man shows his emotions...Most men dont...

    ReplyDelete
  2. dude...jstar was right...you can rip...and great storytelling style as well...i work with a group of poets on a weekly "poetic flash mob" drop by my place, there is a link on todays post...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved it. Great story and your words take us on a trip. @JStar men do show emotion u just may need to stop to listen lls check me out http://t.co/ZWq64we have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey man. JStar sent me over to check out your flow.

    This was a great piece of story-telling in poetic form. A prose-poem that's both lyrical & filled w/ authentic emotionality. Your talent at the craft is evident. Keep doing your thing!

    One.

    ReplyDelete