Pen is mightier than the sword

Pen is mightier than the sword
Writing what I think, before I say it!

Thursday, January 6, 2011

BE THINKING..........

Sitting here wondering,
is love that great to gamble,
to lose everything including a friendship?
 
 

So I lay at nights smiling at the darkness
and remembering how your smile use to light the way
I remember when we made love
yes we made love
how you stare at me with squinting eyes
talked to me with you biting on lips
and played your songs through gyrating hips
you gave me the best of you without planning a evening
We were so natural
I mean we bonded like a mother and infant

What happen to those days

Lets take it back further
when I use to push you cause I liked you
and say ewww I didn't like that ugly girl
but we kept coming back
remember my note to you
Do you like me? Check the box yes / no /or maybe
gave you a cherry flavored candy ring to be my lady

what happen to us


Sometime after school, we slipped
or was it my time in the service
we flipped
we got a little nervous
I asked you to be with me forever
and you said no
and three more attempts later
you cried
and said yes in mumbles

and then it began

the incline down a slope of obstacles
and hurdles we couldn't leap
trying to resolve our problems without a spiritual belief
nites of arguments that had us with lost voices
and lack of sleep
while I'm at work
being mean to each other, that hurt
sometimes I would find the longest way home
just to pray you were already sleep
never played that dawg,
to hang with my friends and creep
thought about it
but I wasn't that weak

again I ask, What happen?

Now in the office of legal separation of marital affairs(DIVORCE COURT)
waiting for the judge to denounce us
to pronounce us single man and single woman
and only thing going through my mind next

is there such thing as break up ***

I swear, "If I can only have that day back",
but for now......

I be thinking!
 
By LeRoy Goetzendanner

2 comments:

  1. This I could have written for my first love....I held onto that day...that love....until just recently...When he hurt me more than I could have ever imagined...Sometimes it just isnt meant to be...even if it feels soo right...That was someone you learned certain things from...Things you will need when you do find that ONE...

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! I'm glad this is pass you sweetie.

    ReplyDelete