Pen is mightier than the sword

Pen is mightier than the sword
Writing what I think, before I say it!

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

PLEASE HEAR MY POEM

tap, tap ,tap
hello my name is....

I'm a poet out of DC
No long story about me

but here goes my piece
Is this mic on
is my voice soft or silent

do I have the right delivery
are you looking for an erotic poet
spitting some erotic poetry
dissing government and the man
stroking his egotiscal violence
Oh,
I'm not quite you favorite
you might not heard of me
yeah, I don't recite my issh
I'm a poet, so its poetry I read
I don't start off with the yelling in cadience
I'm not political, or revolutionary
just listen and be patient
do I hear light whispering

so you're not here to listen
but you gave so and so
with the same poetry flow
and the same repeated poem
your undivided attention
I guess I aint gettin it
you looking for the poetry slammer
who be spittin it
one who serenade gyals with some kind of
fake as accent,
or long words crossed with street life intellegents
of you looking for that conscious brutha
with that conscious shit
dreadlocks, timbed up
rhymin fast like he on some Das Efx shit
Nah,
I'm poet,
so I stand here nervously at attention
so please look foreward and listen
give me, like I give you
my undivided attention



MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

No comments:

Post a Comment