Pen is mightier than the sword

Pen is mightier than the sword
Writing what I think, before I say it!

Saturday, March 22, 2014

SLEEPLESS WRITES

 SLEEPLESS WRITES

I sleep with my laptop on
cell phone next to my face
pens clutched in my hand
and notebooks as my pillow
My crumbled papers are mattress pads
Jazz music playing
creates images in my dreams
Luke warm coffee's or teas

helps me decipher ingredients on relaxing taste
I lay with closed eyes
just a temporary long blink in stares
Another poet friend wrote, "Do poets sleep?"
but my reply, in my grandma's cries
We are only resting our eyes
cause with closed eyes
there is so much more, Our eyes can see
Every night I lay
I pray I don't fall to far under
Hoping to spring up
then get up
and write about that image or word
before the inspiration becomes no longer
.....~TNW





MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

No comments:

Post a Comment