Pen is mightier than the sword

Pen is mightier than the sword
Writing what I think, before I say it!

Thursday, February 2, 2012

PEN PILE

You could be that pen guy or pen gyal
and this could be your mortuary for used pens
all your writes and creations producing piles of skeletons
pens that did there job and tossed to the side
after bleeding their last drop


How big is your pile?

Mine,

lets say I could I fill the back of a U haul
enough papers to plant refurbish trees into the environment
more spilled inks that if ink was blood
red cross would never have a shortage
I love each pen equally
never claiming favorites
so........


How big is your pile?

I don't quite call mine a pile
more like a collection of great tools
that served their enlightenment to poetry
entitlement to being a writers weapon
acknowledgement to being a poets life saver
a instrument that......
that later retired in a grave lying among the greatest
I still look at them as new pieces through old writings
I hold them in my hand and remember titles
with bangin ass deliveries and messages
that left with minds that were once empty
so I ask


How big is your pile?

I refuse to give them that disrespect
these are my pen pales
when I had no friends before pens
this is a monument of sacrificial accomplishments
laid perfectly to rest
joining once again with pen friends they haven't seen one another
since the creation of pen men.
My pile is not big
just stands tall enough to be notice
and we all notice that you are not a pile
just a mountain of retired pens laying together
pass your torch
and continue to fight
appreciation with dedications
write pen write


PEN PILE



BY LeRoy TNW Goetzendanner


MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

No comments:

Post a Comment