Pen is mightier than the sword

Pen is mightier than the sword
Writing what I think, before I say it!

Monday, January 23, 2012

MIC CHECKS, STAGE BLESSINGS

I close my eyes as soon as they announce you
ready to clear my thoughts but visions of you
silencing all noise in a crowded room
...
waiting patiently for you to serenade me with your poem
your delivery gives me chills
my heart starts rapid beats
can't hold my pace
can't remove the smile from my face
I know you just passed me
from swaying hips, clicking to 5 inch heels
and yes your perfume
(eyes closed)
I can see your nervousness (eyes still closed)
I hear your hesitation(ears at attention)
you've done this many times before
you're not a virgin to the stage anymore
you are divinity with your poems
you are serenity sounds from soft voice
you are the next generation, first choice
got this man excited like a boy

you adjust your self(closed eyes tightly)
look quickly to the crowd
clear throat then lean foreword(smile with my eyes closed)
and say the first words out loud(applauding in heartbeats)
"HELLO", My name is, and this is my poem. (YES, in mind)

MIC CHECK, STAGE BLESSINGS


By LeRoy TNW Goetzendanner

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

No comments:

Post a Comment