Pen is mightier than the sword

Pen is mightier than the sword
Writing what I think, before I say it!

Tuesday, April 29, 2014

RACIST

Am I racist....
Am I against my own kind
when in my own mind I'm one of their color
How can I call you my sista's and brutha's
when we don't share the same father or mother


Am I racist.....
if I feel some kind of way
when our race have days
they display
ignorance
Ebonics
and down right stupidity

Lost villages turning into community
but we don't have community
cause black people have no unity

Am I racist....
when I judge with no jury
that every black man is guilty
or every black woman with children
lives in poverty

children with no fathers
and woman with multiple baby fathers
living in projects
and the government projects
is keeping you below system
education of lower higher learning
but you street wise lacking school wisdom
Now we prove the change
where blacks stands today
but we still live how we walk in name
Nigorance

Am I racist....
if I look around like I'm white
when something derogatory happens
if the N word pops off
when a little girl say the B word six times
out her mouth
the very moment where think every black person talking
sounds like a mad person talking loud


Am I racist....
if my preference
is sit by races of our opposites
because I feel like my race just don't know
how to act
or maybe because I think I'm much more lighter than that
and my presentation is much more better than that

that I came from low income society
but I raise my mind to be higher than cracks.....
in the streets

Am I racist.....
if when I get mad
I call them "ya'll people"
or "them n****s
saying its your fault for you actions
it's your fault how you living
So I was born in southeast

Naylor Rd was where I was claiming
moved on up like the Jefferson's
got my education beyond higher learning son

Didn't go back
but I remember where I am from
I'm not calling you dumb
we just tend to do dumb things
rather than move out low cost of living
you rather stay
while flashing high costly things


Am I racist.....
to hide behind my German name
talk above standard for acceptance

chanting the history of grandmas yard
work harder at advancing way past progression
never going back
even if the country is facing recession
stay within my catholic community
cause baptist is over paying for blessings
You are strongly accused of choosing RATCHENESS over
RIGHTEOUSNESS...

this is what you call spirituality

Am I racist......
No!!!
but I believe "WE" can change and grow
"WE" are free by body
but "OUR" minds have a long way to go
"We shall over come"
but "WE" can't free ourselves from the past
singing "Free at last"
how are we going to be free of the past,
if we struggling with English and Math
how can we GPS our destination
when we are traveling a narrow path
How can "YOU" look at me after this poem
when "YOU" call each other hurtful names of the past
and "YOU" laugh,
saying that's the code of the streets
so the question is.....

back to the title of this poetry

Am I really racist?
Maybe you should look at the view
I see you.......But I'm not racist......

Just black man that is prejudice 
of the lively hood and future of our people


L.Goetzendanner



MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

No comments:

Post a Comment