Pen is mightier than the sword

Pen is mightier than the sword
Writing what I think, before I say it!

Friday, March 15, 2013

BROWNIN......

Born in SE of the capital nation
father was of West Indian and German persuasion
brown paper bag is my skin tone pigmentation 
Brown is my color
so why can't I put that on an application
My grand mom is Cherokee and Blackfoot mixed
she married an African American,
her parents didn't like that fix
mom came out yellow skin
she was hated by the white skin
but not excepted by the dark skin
So can we trace all our next a kin
mixture in our race makes us mex-a-can
she married my father and began creation
this creation creating a mutt in multi racial
a new DNA begins ethnic nation

So why can I be just brown?

History of negro, came from the Spaniard word Ne'gro
not slightly darker than brown skin
but brown men were are considered Moreno
I try not to react every time someone says "I'm black"
but I look at the tar streets
black crayons that were darker than me
my hair is black, but it don't reflect me

So why, can I be just brown

Black is beautiful

brown is down
light is close to white
while white is viewed in a different light
I watched how my submissions of applications
receives more call backs
not by my nationality or authenticity 
of ethnicticity 
but the German last name on brown skin
and my properly improperly speaking dialect

Brown skin

want to be known as......brown skin
I'm not sure how yours begin
but I know how mines will end

New generation 
wants to give new skin delegation
like:
your cinnamon
or caramel
CHOCO LATTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Honey brown
redbone
hey there LIGHT SKIN
You vanilla if your lighter skin
MELLO YELLO if you're high yellow
Blue if you dark black than tar black
wassup BLACK if you just black

But why
why can I just be brown
without being some one's flavor chart
without being described as some tone remark
or divide to heritage pride
I'm just the color with other colors
inside a crayola box

I'm brown
I'm brown and I'm proud
no divide
we all bleed red
so what we claim on the outside
is all in our head
but if you ask me
ask me anything about my color bro
I say my color is spiritual
Human is my nationality 
without painting a color tone....



BROWNIN........

LeRoy TNW Goetzendanner









MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

No comments:

Post a Comment